Saturday, January 14, 2012

Love is a Gentle Stranger by June Masters Bacher




This Book was supplied to me by Harvest House Publishers for a review in return.

Book Description

In an adventurous saga of the American frontier, an independent young schoolteacher sets off on a dangerous quest to find a new beginning beyond the trail's end.

Heartbroken and ashamed at being jilted, Chris Beth welcomes the perils of frontier life and intends to face every crisis as she has all others-alone. Then, thrown together with a small band of settlers in a place ravaged by uprisings, Chinook winds, and devastating floods, she learns to lean on God and others in good times and bad. Readers will laugh and cry with her as she discovers that never-failing love is a gentle stranger.

My Review

This book is by June Masters Bacher, who has passed on but her legacy will not. She is a GREAT author and I just want to thank Harvest House Publishers for letting me read this and give my review on it.

This book is a GREAT one. Chris Beth is jilted by her fiancĂ©. So, in order to lose the memory, she accepts an offer to teach school in the Far West. She gets on the stage and heads west but in the meantime, she makes friends with the other people on the stagecoach. She is from very well to do family and for her to travel to the west, her family just doesn’t understand that.

She finally gets to her destination to only find very rustic conditions and not much of a town, if you want to call it that. In the meantime, Joseph Craig is on the stage also, and he helps her throughout her time getting settled, etc. She finds that Mrs. Malone and her become very good friends.

I won’t say anything else, I don’t want to spoil the book for you. This is such a GREAT book, a very good page turner. It’s a shame the author has passed because I would love to read more of her books. I would definitely suggest this book to my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment