Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Following Your Heart by Jerry Eicher


This Book was supplied to me by Harvest House Publishers through NetGalley for a review in return.


Book Description

Susan Hostetler a young Amish woman who had left her community for life in the outside world, returns home to her family with her English friend, Teresa Long, and Teresa's newborn, fatherless son. Teresa has come in hopes of settling with the Amish people.

Deacon Ray gets wind of the situation and forbids the unwed mother from attending the church services, fearing she will pollute the young people of the community.

My Review

This book is Book 2 in the Fields of Home Series by Jerry Eicher. This book is a GREAT book, I could not put it down but had to force myself to do so.

This book takes up where Book 1 left you. Susan Hostetler and Teresa (who has a newborn baby Samuel) leave Asbury Park and go home to Indiana. Susan’s parents are so pleased with Susan coming back home and they welcome Teresa with open arms. Teresa bends over backwards to show everyone she wants to become Amish.

In the meantime, Thomas (Susan’s ex boyfriend) tries to win her back but just cannot seem to do that. In the meantime, the minister’s agree that Teresa will be married to Yost Byler, an older gentleman in his 40’s. So, Teresa agrees because she wants a good home for her son, Samuel. But in the meantime, Teresa wants to be baptized and she agrees to marry Yost, not for love but for a home for her son.

I will not tell anything more about the book because I don’t want to give the details away for you. Everyone who likes the Amish as much as I do, will love this series. It is a GREAT book. I would suggest this book to my family and friends. Thank you, Harvest House for giving me a chance to review this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment