Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Season for Love by Amy Clipston


This Book was supplied to me by Zondervan Publishers through NetGalley for a review in return.


Book Description

Three young women are about to change their lives. Lizzie Anne and Samuel have decided to get married, and Lindsay is about to be baptized in the Amish faith and is courting Matthew. While Katie Kauffman is happy for her friends who seem to have settled their futures, she is also finding herself something of a fifth wheel.

My Review

This book is the fifth and final book in the Kauffman Amish Bakery Series by Amy Clipston. I love Amy’s books, I think I have read everyone of them. She is absolutely one of the most gifted writers about Amish fiction I have ever read.


This book is about Lindsay, Lizzie Anne and Katie. Lindsay returns home to her Aunt Rebecca’s house from Virginia taking care of her other aunt. She surprises everyone upon her arrival. Katie has been helping out and since Lindsay came home, she can go back to the bakery which is where her heart is. In the meantime, Lizzie Anne has been seeing Samuel, Katie’s brother and he proposes to Lizzie Anne and Lindsay starts seeing Matthew and Katie has no one. She starts back at the bakery and starts noticing Jake who is Mennonite and this is a big huge NO in Katie’s household. Her dad does some crazy things, in my opinion. I really felt sorry for Katie. A lot of things happen during these times and I just don’t want to spill the beans for anyone.

I really would suggest this book to read, especially if you have read the 4 previous books. This one is a GREAT book, I couldn’t put it down. I would definitely suggest this book to my family and friends. Thank you Amy for giving us such a great series of books, 5 of them in all. I won’t say anything else, you really need to pickup this book, it is wonderful.

Thank you Zondervan, for giving me the opportunity to read this book and give this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment