Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Promise Box by Tricia Goyer

This Book was supplied to me by Tricia Goyer’s 2013 Launch Team for a review in return. Book Description Every year, young Amish men descend on the cozy little town of West Kootenai, Montana, arriving in the spring to live there for six months and receive 'resident' status for the hunting season in the fall. They arrive as bachelors, but go home with brides! In The Promise Box, the second book of best-selling author Tricia Goyer's Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors series, Lydia Wyse, a book editor from Seattle who grew up Amish, returns to the small community of West Kootenai to give comfort to her father after her mother's death. She is drawn back to the familiar Amish ways after finding her mother's most precious possession, a Promise Box of prayers and scripture. What her publisher sees, though, is an opportunity for a sensational 'tell-all' book about the Amish. Lydia soon finds herself falling in love with Amish bachelor Gideon Hooley. She wants nothing more than to forget her past and look forward to a future as an Amish bride. But will the pain of her childhood---and her potential betrayal of her community---keep her from committing her whole heart? My Review This is the 2nd Book in the Series “Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors” by Tricia Goyer. I read the first one and this one in my opinion was a lot better than even the first book. This book kept your attention from the turning of the first page. I thoroughly loved it. This is a story about Lydia Wyse, who was raised Amish but leaves the Amish to Englisch. When she hears that her Mem has passed away, she goes back and attends her Mem’s funeral with all hopes of returning to Seattle where she works and lives. But, when she gets there, God starts working with her heart and it is just amazing how God works in our lives, Praise God. Anyway, after the funeral, she stays for a while and her Dat gives her a Promise Box full of her Mem’s memories and writings. After reading these, she wants to stay there. In the meantime, she meets Gideon Hooley. He has secrets and so does Lydia. It is amazing how the Good Lord works through both of their lives and how they each individually work them out. This is such a GREAT story and I just don’t know how much more I can say that. GOD works in mysterious ways. I won’t say anything else, I don’t want to spoil the book for you. But, you know you really need to pickup this book, I loved it so much, what more can I say? Thank you Tricia Goyer for writing such a GREAT book, I couldn’t hardly put it down. Thank you also for giving me the opportunity to read it and give my review. I would suggest this book to my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment