Sunday, October 31, 2010

Almost Heaven by Chris Fabry



I review for Tyndale Publishers.

Billy Allman is a "hillbilly genius." Folks in town say he was born with a second helping of brains and a gift for playing the mandolin---and was cut short on social skills. But there are two things they don't know---he's troubled by a brutal secret, and an angel is determined to set things right! This book was such a good book by Chris Fabry.

This was the first book of his that I read and thought it was very good. It really makes you think about your life and I did have some problems with the book because of what Billy had to endure. There was so much hardship on Billy and when God intervenes you just know Billy is looking to God for answers. I just cried and cried in this book. When the angel speaks, you know that God is using him to help Billy. I loved the book and know that God is always working on us to trust him fully.

I would recommend this book to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment