Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Amish Midwife


This Book was sent to me by Harvest House Publishers in exchange for a Review.

A dusty carved box containing two locks of hair and a century-old letter regarding property in Switzerland, and a burning desire to learn about her biological family lead nurse-midwife Lexie Jaeger from her home in Oregon to the heart of Pennsylvania Amish country. There she meets Marta Bayer, a mysterious lay-midwife who desperately needs help after an Amish client and her baby die.

Lexie steps in to assume Marta’s patient load even as she continues the search for her birth family, and from her patients she learns the true meaning of the Pennsylvania Dutch word demut, which means “to let be” as she changes from a woman who wants to control everything to a woman who depends on God.

This book is the first book in "The Women of Lancaster County series. I can't wait until the second book comes out.

This book is one of the best books I have read. I wasn’t too sure if I wanted to read it or not but decided to give it a try. It is a GREAT book about someone who was adopted and trying to locate her birth family. When Lexie Jaeger’s dad passes away, he tells her about a little box and she looks on the inside of the box, and finds all kinds of things. Then she goes to Pennsylvania to try to locate her birth family and there are a lot of stumbling blocks because of secrets. But, this book is a GREAT book, this is one book I did not want to put down. I went on break at work and forgot about the time and was almost late to go back to work.

You will enjoy this book, it is wonderful. I most definitely would suggest this book to my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment