Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lillly's Wedding Quilt




Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book-Lilly’s Wedding Quilt.

Book Description

Local Amish schoolteacher Lilly Lapp is tired of weddings, afraid of horses, and immersed in caring for her depressed mother. But when Jacob Wyse, a handsome horse breeder from her small community rescues her from a dangerous accident, Lilly discovers a renewed interest in life and the possibility of love.

Yet Jacob has lost the one true love of his life to another man and doesn't care to expose himself to the vulnerabilities of loving again. God works to bring this unlikely pair into a sweet romance to produce a pattern of faith, which leads to the creation and comfort of Lilly's Wedding Quilt.

My Review

This book is the 2nd book in A Patch of Heaven Series by Kelly Long. This book was very good, in fact it was so good that I couldn’t put it down. Kelly Long is a GREAT Amish Author, one that I will definitely look for again.

When it starts, Lilly has to take care of her mother and is also a schoolteacher. I don’t know how anyone could do this, but the Lord gives her strength I guess. But, when Lilly comes across Jacob Wyse again, she remembers how she feels about Jacob. She has loves him from when they were children. Jacob has issues though, he still loves another woman who got married to another man. This is definitely a book you would love especially if you love the Amish as much as I do.

Both Lilly and Jacob have to realize how they feel about each other and it is GREAT how the Lord brings them together in this book.

I loved this book so much that I would most definitely suggest it to my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment