Monday, September 3, 2012

The Guest Book by Mary Beth Whalen



This Book was supplied to me by Zondervan Publishers through NetGalley for a review in return.


Book Description

When Macy Dillon was five years old her father encouraged her to draw a picture in the guestbook of a Carolina beach house. The next year, Macy returned to discover a drawing by an unidentified little boy on the facing page. Over the next eleven years the children continue to exchange drawings ... until tragedy ends visits to the beach house altogether. During her final trip to Sunset, Macy asks her anonymous friend to draw her one last picture and tells him where to hide the guest book in hopes that one day she will return to find it---and him. Twenty-five years after that first picture, Macy is back at Sunset Beach---this time toting a broken family and a hurting heart. One night, alone by the ocean, Macy asks God to help her find the boy she never forgot, the one whose beautiful pictures touched something deep inside of her. Will she ever find him? And if she does, will the guestbook unite them or merely be the relic of a lost childhood?

My Review

This book is the first book of Mary Beth Whalen that I have read and I guarantee you, it will not be the last one either. She is a GREAT author and I want to read more of her books.

This book is about Macy who has a daughter, Emma. When Emma was born, her father, Chase left Macy and to me, that is just not a father. But, after 5 years, he returns but Macy is just not so sure about him. In the meantime, Macy’s mother decides she wants to return to Sunset Beach. Macy’s dad has been gone for 10 years and I think her mom just wants to move on finally.

Macy remembers going to Sunset Beach when she is a little girl. This all stems around a Guest Book, because of the pictures that Macy drew and another little boy would do the same. But they don’t know each other. It is a wonderful adventure for Macy.

This book is one of the best ones I have ever read. I would definitely recommend this book to my family and friends. This kept my attention from the first page to the last page. I loved it also, because of most of the story is at the Beach. I can’t read more books by Mary Beth Whalen.

Thank you Zondervan Publishers for giving me a chance to read and review this WONDERFUL book. Thank you, Mary Beth, for giving us such a GREAT book to read. You are wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment