Saturday, September 15, 2012

With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin



This Book was supplied to me by Revell Publishers for a review in return.


Book Description

Lt. Mellie Blake is a nurse serving in the 802nd Medical Squadron, Air Evacuation, Transport. As part of a morale building program, she reluctantly enters into an anonymous correspondence with Lt. Tom MacGilliver, an officer in the 908th Engineer Aviation Battalion in North Africa. As their letters crisscross the Atlantic, Tom and Mellie develop a unique friendship despite not knowing the other's true identity. When both are transferred to Algeria, the two are poised to meet face to face for the first time. Will they overcome their fears and reveal who they are, or will their future be held hostage to their past? And can they learn to trust God and embrace the gift of love he offers them? Combining excellent research and attention to detail with a flair for romance, Sarah Sundin brings to life the perilous challenges of WWII aviation, nursing, and true love.

My Review

This book is the first book of Sarah Sundin’s that I have read and I guarantee you, it will not be the last one either. She is a GREAT author about World War II.

This book is about Mellie Blake, a Nurse in WWII and Lt. Tom MacGilliver and how they meet is amazing. They book go through a lot of trials, Mellie with not knowing how to make friends even with girls.  couldn't imagine that at all.  I always have had a lot of friends.  Then there is Tom, having to deal with issues about his father.  They meet through writing letters to each other; and how the Lord brings them together, only he can do. They become very close and good friends. As the book goes on, they eventually have to meet and who knows what happens next. I won’t say anything more so I don’t spoil it for you.

This book is one of the best ones I have ever read. I would definitely recommend this book to my family and friends. This kept my attention from the first page to the last page.

Thank you Revell Publishers for giving me a chance to read and review this WONDERFUL book. Thank you, Sarah Sundin, for giving us such a GREAT book to read. You are wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie - thank you so much for the lovely review! I'm glad you enjoyed Tom & Mellie's story.

    ReplyDelete