Sunday, October 28, 2012

Todays Shadows by Becky Melby




This Book was supplied to me by Barbour Publishing through NetGalley for a review in return.

Book Description

Follow grad student Heather Conrad into a forgotten past as her house-sitting venture goes awry. Last minute changes leave Heather in charge of her former boss’s lakeside Victorian mansion and six-year-old daughter. But the surprises have just begun. Soon startling discoveries convince Heather that something just isn’t right around the house. . When she stumbles on a hidden stairway, the past juts into the present—altering the course of Heather’s own future.

My Review

This book is 3rd book in the Lost Sanctuary Series by Becky Melby.  This is the first book of Becky Melby’s I have ever read and believe you me, it won’t be the last.  She is a GREAT author, she keeps you so interested in the book from the very first page of the book.  I didn’t read the first 2 books of the series, but I didn’t miss them at all.

This book is about Heather Conrad who decides to help out a friend and house sit her new house while Natalie Brooks (Heather’s friend) is away.  Natalie has a daughter, Izzy, who I just absolutely fell in love with.  But when Heather arrives, she didn’t know she would be having Izzy around but she manages.  In the meantime, she meets a security guard, Ryan Tobin.  Then Izzy starts looking around the old house, and she finds a lot of old treasure chests and other historical events surround those trunks or chests.   They also find rooms  and doors and what they find is unbeleiveable.

This book also goes back to the time period of 1912 and tells Maggie Parker’s life story as well.  She is a maid and thinks she is in love with her employer’s son, Richard.  How that unfolds will surprise you, it sure did me. 

I won’t say anything else, I don’t want to spoiI the book for you.  I just loved this book, Becky is one of the best authors ever.  You will not be sorry if you will pick up this book soon and read it.  I couldn’t’ hardly put it down.  Thank you, Becky for giving us all a GREAT story.

Thank you Barbour Publishing, for giving me the opportunity to read this book and give this review.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for a wonderful review, Debbie! I'm so glad you enjoyed Today's Shadows. It was a joy to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, wow, I get a message from the author herself. I loved the book and if that is the case I will let you know.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete