I thought this looked really good.
We like the diversity of this one-dish winner. First, because Braised Chicken Thighs Dinner is a change from roast. Second, because it uses chicken thighs. They have so much more flavor than breasts.
Cooking Time:7 hr
- 1 onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 new potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (See Note)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in, skinned chicken thighs (1-1/2 to 1-3/4 pounds)
- Coat a 6-quart round slow cooker with cooking spray. Add onion then top with potatoes and carrots.
- In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the broth, wine, garlic, and thyme. Pour broth mixture over vegetables. Combine paprika, remaining salt, and remaining pepper; rub evenly over chicken thighs, and arrange over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 6 hours, or until chicken and vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- Feel free to substitute an extra 1/4 cup chicken broth in place of the wine, if you prefer.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Slow-Cooker-Recipes/Braised-Chicken-Thighs-Dinner-4310#wBpuSAXPerzoqCM6.99