Monday, August 20, 2012

The River Rose by Gilbert Morris


This Book was supplied to me by B&H Publishers through NetGalley for a review in return.


Book Description

Life on the Mississippi in the 1850s is filled with dreams---and disappointments! In The River Rose, widow Jeanne Bettencourt struggles to provide for her young daughter. Things begin to look up when she unexpectedly inherits a steamboat. But there's another claim on the estate! Can faith help Jeanne navigate the swirling waters of her feelings?

My Review

This book is the first book of Gilbert Morris that I have read and I guarantee you, it will not be the last one either. He absolutely wraps you into this book from the first page.

This book was so good. I know that it is suppose to be all about Jeanne Bettencourt but her daughter who is about 5 or 6 years old, grabbed my heart strings. What a precious little girl, I just fell in love with her.

This story tells the story of Jeanne Bettencourt and how she tries to make a living for her and her daughter, Marvel. They live in a rundown housing district and she is a maid who works at the Gayoso Hotel. Then she is confronted by the lawyer and learns that she and Clint Hardin inherit the River Boat, she owns half and he owns the other half. She is a good Christian woman and doesn’t know about living on the boat with a man but she decides that her and Marvel will live in a cabin.

As the story goes on, Jeanne is dating a man who stays at the hotel she use to work at and Clint starts to fall for her. He has to hold his feelings in but eventually things change. This is a GREAT book, one that I would suggest to my family and friends. I loved this book so much and that little Marvel was wonderful, a very special child in my opinion. If I was you, I would most definitely pickup this book.

I had better not tell you anything more about the book because I don’t want to spoil it for you. I think that Gilbert Morris is a GREAT author and one that everyone should read.

Thank you B&H Publishers for giving me a chance to read and review this WONDERFUL book. Thank you, Gilbert Morris for giving us all a good book to read and learn how Jesus moves. And oh my goodness, how he does move because that is what he wants is to have a relationship with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment