Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury


This Book was supplied to me by Simon & Schuster Publishers through NetGalley for a review in return.

Book Description

Five years ago, Molly Allen left her heart in Tennessee when she walked away from the man she can't forget. Ryan Kelly spends much of his time in Franklin's bookstore, remembering the hours he and Molly once spent there. But when tragedy and trouble threaten to close the shop for good, what miracles will unfold?

My Review

This book is a stand alone book by a GREAT author, Karen Kingsbury.  She is one of the best authors, in my opinion.  I have read almost all of her books and I just can’t say enough. This book is not a long book but it is so GREAT that I wished it went on and on.  Karen draws you into all her books as soon as you start reading the book.   This book is about second chances in life.  God does give us second chances, I do believe that. 

This is about Molly and Ryan.  They are college students and always wind up at The Bridge bookstore and read to each other.  There is just something about The Bridge and when Charlie, the owner of the bookstore has a terrible accident and almost dies, all of the people who he has known throughout his career shows up so he can open up the shop again.  Then, as the story goes on, Ryan and Molly see each other after 7 years.  

I had better not tell you anything more about the book because I don’t want to spoil it for you. I love Karen Kingsbury’s books because she always show how the characters intertwine and how they accept Jesus as their personal savior.  

Thank you Simon & Schuster Publishers for giving me a chance to read and review this WONDERFUL book. Thank you, Karen Kingsbury for giving us all a good book to read and thank you Jesus for giving us all such a GREAT author in Karen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment